Monday 29 December 2008

Post Christmas.

As is usual with me, the aftermath comes first.
DS Jonny is ashore for Christmas, here he is contemplating all the dishes that need doing! EEK! It was great to have him here, I feel like I don't see him so much any more. I miss him a lot.
I even miss all the ructions he causes with his brother and the wails of 'MMUUUuuuUUUM!' as something kicks off.
Victoria Beckham, or Posh Spice as she is sometimes known, called in for a whiff of vino!! LOL DD Kay got her hair chopped off last week. She'd hate me if I said it made her look like VB!!
The beautiful pink tulips are from Mum, she was here for her second Christmas and seemed to enjoy herself. She did manage to take off before the camera appeared though. Hunney is reading one of his gifts.
Here's how the table looked before we all sat down. The turkey crown is in the oven and posh spice is helping me to clean up as I go.
If you remember I had Christmas late, on Saturday in fact because I had to work early shifts on both Christmas day and boxing day. It just made sense to book holidays on the weekend.
Hunney and I opened our stockings on Christmas day. (The kids were with their Dad, so no clash, no groans because they had two Christmas dinners, or someone didn't keep an eye out and stop them from eating ALL the chocolate.........)
Then on Saturday when we all got together we opened our mountain of gifts. I have to say I was spoiled!
Hunney was in charge of the camera and those pictures he remembered to take are blurred! LOL I'll take some more and show them another day.
Well like Christmas, I'll be working over New Year, but to be honest I'm not that bothered, I've had my special time. New Year will be a quiet night in with who ever is here.
Best wishes to you all for 2009.
Gratitude's
1) Celebrations with my loved ones.
2) People who know me well.
3) A happy and peaceful Yuletide.
4) A bad year is over
5) The count down to NZ begins!


10 comments:

Rowyn said...

Sounds and looks like you had a nice Xmas.

Are you coming to NZ for a holiday?

quiltygal said...

Hi Loulee glad you had a great xmas with all your family sorry I didn't get to say Happy Xmas to you before it happened & thank you for the lovely card you sent me so hope you have a nice New year & that 2009 is Happy healthy & peaceful for you & all your family

Lurline said...

So happy you are happy!Hope 2009 is the best year ever!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Kathy said...

So glad you had a great Christmas Lou, have a great 2009 hun.

Hugs xxxxx

Ali Honey said...

Best Wishes to you all for 2009!

Hey ! You can'tleave it there...are you coming to Hunney's homeland...when...South Island I seem to remember....please tell more ( your nosey friend in NZ )!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

It really doesn't matter which day it was, looks like it was lovely no matter what. ...and she does look like VB!
happy new year,Tracey

sewkalico said...

Happy 2009 to you and yours! What's this about NZ?? Sounds good!

black bear cabin said...

sounds like a nice relaxing visit with the family!
your table looks beautiful...and i love your cards on the door! i used to do that at my old house, but our doors here are made of logs, so it doesnt really work :(
Happy, Super, Fabulous Fantastical New Year to you and yours!
lovelisajo

Lynda said...

New Year is seriously over-rated in my opinion. You missed nothing. having a great Christmas with your family is all that counts. Hoping your 2009 will be onward and upward.

Ikle.Kaiy said...

I DO NOT LOOK LIKE VB...!!!!!!!!!!! *mutters like mutley* least im not size zero..... yet.. the amount of weight i seem to lose i might just become... grrrrrrrrrr