Friday 19 June 2009

Another butterfly and a spot of knitting

I put this little applique together on Tuesday, and also managed to cut a bunch of 1.5 inch squares to border it all from scraps. I got stuck at that point, I may change my plans a little, I'll give it a day or two to talk to me. I think though it will be a lovely PINK gift for my niece.I had so much fun in my scraps box, I started to dream of making scrappy quilts. A very appealing idea, which I managed to resist, but look out for something soon.
*
Today I've done a little knitting, here you see the first full repeat of the cable for the lil jacket I'm making.

It's an interesting cable, but I'm struggling to find it interesting enough to keep this one going. Maybe if I try to concentrate on it for a while I'll get it finished soon and get back to knitting for Joe or Kay.
*
Yesterday I had another of those long days, up at 5am to be off to the airport and away to my training day in Warrington. I've come home with another half a tree of paper to read and more homework. So I made a small start today.
*
Gratitude's
1) Sunny Days.
2) Pretty fabrics.
3) Scrap boxes.

3 comments:

Lynda said...

The applique ans stiching looks lovely -a perfect gift. Good luck with the knitting. It can be very therapeutic!

Jane said...

The applique is really pretty. It will definitely make a lovely gift

Marit said...

Love your appliqed butterfly. And those fabrics are supercute. A very lucky someone to recieve this.

; )