Wednesday 8 July 2009

Back to work.

My four days off are over, and today I go back to work. I'm easing in gently again though, with a day at the office. It's been a long four days, well it feels like more than four to be honest. I got loads done and have loads of finishes.
*
I completed the French Roses quilt and I didn't stick to my plan of keeping it simple.
Here you have a taste of the quilting in the outer and inner borders. Not quite leaves and some squiggles which we'll call roses.
I'm really pleased with myself and so glad I gave it a try, this looks so much nicer than a plain old zig and zag. It has a label!! and it's had it's christening wash. I'll take a picture of the whole top soon.
*
Also yesterday, before finishing the quilt I managed to make another baggie for Elaine. I'm much happier with this version of the cream bag.
It's predecessor had it's handles chopped off and it went into the bin. I'll be seeing Elaine tomorrow, she is expecting one or two bags, not four for herself and three for her grand daughter, so this should be fun.
*
I'd better go, lots to sort out before I catch the bus.
*
Gratitude's
1) Lots of finishes.
2) Four days seemed to last a long time.
3) 108 days.

3 comments:

Janice said...

The bags look very chic. She will be delighted. Your quilting looks great. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Lurline said...

Nice quilting and really pretty bags!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Jane said...

You have been busy, these other bags look wonderful. I am sure she will be delighted