Friday 10 July 2009

Hunneys Ideas.

If you remember last time I posted I mentioned that Tony had asked me to make some seasonal throws for our sofas. I have to say, they are not our taste at all, but this is a part furnished flat and they come with! We both agree that covering them with throws is the best idea, especially in the winter months as the fake leather is cold as well as an awful colour. So with that request in mind I went searching through my meagre stash, yep, even after three years it's a baby stash compared to some I've seen. Here is the best I could come up with, without spending money. This odd assortment is made up mostly of fat quarters I just had to have, you know the ones, they are adorable, you don't have anything which will go with them, you have no idea what you'll use them for, but you just HAVE to buy them. There are also one or two pieces in there which I swapped with Moya at some point.
This other collection was a bit easier. It was a set of eight fat quarters, very pretty, very nice and I HAD to have them even though purple is not my thing at all! The keen eyed among you will have noticed that this image contains nine fat quarters not eight. Well, my pattern calls for nine, so I added one can you spot which one?
It's a very good match, even in real life it fitted in perfectly.
Using my version of the Turning Twenty pattern which involves only nine fat quarters I plan to get two tops made before I go to work at 3pm today. I'll need to grab a shower, clean up, eat and walk to work so that gives me six hours!
*
Gratitude's
1) How great is my Hunney?
2) I'm going to The Festival of Quilts in August.
3) Hunney booked the flights last night and he's coming too!!

4 comments:

Lynda said...

two tops before 3pm? What DID you have for breakfast? Blue Smarties?!

Janice said...

You have a busy day ahead of you. The Festival of Quilts sounds interesting. Looking forward to hearing more and seeing piccies at the time.

Jane said...

I look forward to seeing how you do this. We are in the same situation with our furniture and would love to be able to cover it up.

AnnieO said...

Wow, you are on a roll! I cut fat quarters this afternoon for my SIL and we laid out a Turning 12, her throw sized version of the Turning Twenty! Hunney definitely had a good idea and the rate you're going, you'll be enjoying them in a snap :)