Tuesday 14 July 2009

Ooops! I forgot.

Lurline reminded me that I hadn't shown a picture of the completed quilt yet! I also forgot to mention that I had used a pretty pink thread to quilt the leaves/hearts in the outer border. I guess I was so busy trying not to show too much that I forgot to show it off after Kay had received it. She had seen me working on it, but I wanted to try and keep some of it a surprise.
Here you go, one completed quilt. Not only did it have it's first wash already it's also had it's first sleep too.
Kay says it's wonderful, very cosy indeed.
*
Thank you everyone for sending birthday wises to Kay, she is tickled.
*
Gratitude's
1) Birthday wishes.
2) It passed the cosy test.
3) Time to go play.

7 comments:

Jane said...

You've done a lovely job and Kay is a very lucky girl

Allie said...

That quilt is too lovely for words! I really like your quilting on it too.

AnnieO said...

"It's first sleep", how cute is that! It turned out beautifully, you should be very pleased with your workmanship on this lovely quilt.

em's scrapbag said...

Good job! I looks very cozy indeed.

quiltygal said...

Hi Lou
How are you ...lovely quilt...love the turning twenty quilts......have you tried the disappearing nine-patch very quick too....hope the weather is good there its wet & freezing here....
Hugs
Claire

sewkalico said...

It looks fab!

Lynda said...

The quilt looks lovely, and I love the quilting! I love continuous line designs, so I'll be making a note of this one!