Friday 17 July 2009

Scrappy Vines.

Thank you to everyone who commented on my last post and sent wedding wishes our way. We are both really looking forward to seeing Tony's folks again and spending time away. Our wedding will make this trip extra special. I'm trying not to think of Swine Flu and really hoping that it won't get so bad that we won't be able to travel. Enough of that!
*
As you know I've set off on a joint venture with DD Kay. Originally we cut some very long vines, about 108 inches, but since then we had a rethink and chopped them down considerably! Now we have a bunch of 25 inch vines and a whole load of wide black strips! LOL We'll make a couple of wall hangings and see where we go from there.
Here you see the start of the first two vines. The plan is to join them together with some columns of four or nine patches set on point. The picture is a bit wishy washy, it's one of those days.
I really don't know where I saw a similar design, but I did and that's what gave me the idea. I should start making a note of these things.
As I'm sure you've guessed, one of the reasons for speeding this one along some is so that I can make a start on my Peaches and Cream. If I get a chance I'll post a quick picture of the magazine concerned and the issue numbers tomorrow. Right now it's my day off, I've set myself some homework, then my time is my own. I think I'll applique leaves onto my vine.
*
Gratitude's
1) Good luck wishes.
2) Pretty cut flowers from a friend.
3) Lots of pretty scraps.

12 comments:

Rowyn said...

Congratulations on your awesome news! How exciting, a holiday and getting married :-) Good luck with all your plans. I hope we'll get to see a few photos after the big day.

You really seem to be rocketing through your quilting at the moment. I wish I was feeling so productive! :-)

Janice said...

The colours of your leaves really pop on the black background. Love it.

Jane said...

The vines look lovely. Enjoy your day off

Allie said...

LOVE this. Love the black with the brights, the leaves really pop!

Jeanne said...

The vines are fun! Are you going to make them into a large quilt, or just a wallhanging?
Jeanne

Cardygirl said...

The vines look great...best wishes on your wonderful news...it will be a great trip to NZ especially with your wedding the highlight!

Lynda said...

If the picture is a bit wishy washy, I'll look forward to seeing the original! (I love brights!)

quiltygal said...

ohh congratulations to you both ....hope the day is beautiful for you all.....I wish you both much good luck and happy memories..
xxxxx

quiltygal said...

opps forgot to say love those vines.....

AnnieO said...

OOOh, love the black background and all the scrappy leaves. This will be another stunner when done. Are you hand appliquing these? Nice take along project if you are. Looking forward to seeing wedding photos posted in a few months! My girlfriend in OZ is also getting married soon, she's trying to get the 7 offspring between her and her man's sorted for a wedding date.

sewkalico said...

The vines look cute! Yes, hope this swine flu thing passes quickly!!

Rose Marie said...

These vines look interesting and love the black background. Congrats on your upcoming marriage .... wishing you lots of good times with Hunney.