Friday 26 March 2010

Reading materials.

Although I didn't find a decent sewing shop while I was away I did find a bookshop and was able to treat myself. I picked up Lynne Edwards Stash buster quilts book. I read it from cover to cover that evening!
There are some great ideas and patterns enclosed and several that would lend themselves to scrap busting never mind stash busting.
*
I also managed to find a quilting magazine, it was the last one in the shop. I've never had my hands on a copy of The Quilter before and thoroughly enjoyed the read. Yep, I read it from cover to cover too.
And you know how much I love blue and white right? There was an article about reproducing handed down quilts. The one on the left is the original an album quilt and the one on the right using the darker fabrics is the copy. There is a pattern provided.............
I have to make one of these, though it looks more like a scrap creator than a scrap buster! LOL
*
I have a day off today, so I get to play, all day! :-)
*
Have fun.

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Enjoy your day off!

Kris said...

Oh I hope you have fun playing!!!

Janice said...

I bet you have lots more plans after reading these two. You'll just have to empty another one of those project boxes. LOL

black bear cabin said...

looks like you scored some nice stuff...there's nothing like curling up with a crisp new magazine :) happy day!

Allie said...

The book and magazine both look great - I love two color quilts, but yes I think it would be a scrap creator. But then you could use something from your book!

AnnieO said...

By coincidence, I just got my Downy Touch of Comfort quilt kit in the mail yesterday. Hope you got to do lots of fabric fun on your day off.

Justflo said...

Looks like you're in for some interesting sewing.

Lynda said...

Sister's Choice - one of my alltime favourite blocks - looking so good in blue and white. Must go and have a rummage in my blues box ......

em's scrapbag said...

Hope you have a fun day off and you can squeeze a little sewing in.