Thursday 15 April 2010

I sewed!!

Look evidence of sewing. As you know I've been a part of the first two rounds of the Pot Holder Pass. One of our number had a loss recently and as a way of showing our support, Amy, our wonderful leader organised some of us to make pinwheel blocks, which she will make into a quilt and gift to our friend. Here's my offering.
I just need to sign it and get it into the mail.
*
I really enjoyed the hour I spent fiddling about in my scraps box and putting this together. So now I'm off to sew roses for my DD. I think I'll do that until it's time to go to work. AGAIN!
*
Take care.

7 comments:

Janice said...

What a lovely gesture to all contribute towards a quilt. She should be delighted.
Have fun with your roses before work.

Jane said...

This will be a lovely addition to the quilt

Kris said...

You sewed! I'm impressed! Love the block.

Ali Honey said...

Lovely! I like the look of the checks ( gingham? ) with the white - crisp, clean and bright

AnnieO said...

Congrats on getting some needle and thread time :)

That's a very cheerful and sweet pinwheel, so friendly!

quiltygal said...

Lovely block ...hows your new laptop going?? I think Ive almost talked myself into getting the new Ipad....for my holiday....waiting to see what people say about it ....

Amy Friend said...

Can't wait to receive it! I know it might take some time though :( I will keep you posted.