Friday 30 April 2010

It feels like an age.

Since I managed to make a post or just sit and read blogs. You know how it is though, life, work and all manner of other things getting in the way, not to mention that when I do get a few moments to myself, I get to feeling blah!
I was all geared up to go today, got all that you see here planned and laid out, and now it doesn't look right.
I feel that it is too bland and needs more colour, more flower blocks. I am planning to use a coloured thread to add some quilted flowers to some of the plain blocks, but I still think I need more colour first. What do you think? Help!
*
I'm off to make some bags while I think about this and hopefully get some ideas from you ladies.
*
Take care...

7 comments:

Gina said...

If you quilt in a coloured thread in the plain blocks and add a colourful (ish) border fabric you'll transform it. Be careful to not over do it though. Maybe some coloured quilting and some quilting using mayching thread in the plain blocks to create a secondary pattern

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Janice said...

It's a hard call. My only suggestion would be to have three flowers on each side rather than just the one, but that would then create a checkerboard effect, which may not be what you want either. Gina's idea of introducing some colour into the border(s) would certainly give it a lift. Not much help I'm afraid.

AnnieO said...

I'm thinking every other background square could be either a solid or light print color block. I'm seeing either a pale pink print for punch, or a light tan-- just a few shades from white--to give the background some depth. Have fun playing!

Allie said...

It's sure pretty - but I agree with Annie about adding a little color to the plain squares. Can't wait to see your bags too!

Unknown said...

You know what's coming from this direction Lou - the A word - those beautiful open pale plain spaces are crying out for some applique

Lynda said...

More flower blocks is my advice. Sorry.

quiltygal said...

Hi Loulee hope your blahs are gone soon Ive had quite a good week 3 finishes & a new top sewn...I think if you quilt it in colourd thread it will be enough...