Monday 12 April 2010

A very busy week.

There hasn't been a great amount of sewing happening here this week. Too much of the other stuff got in the way. Work was horrendous, with two managers off. That left me in charge, and people dropping like flies with all manner of illness. Thank goodness for the administrator and the Head of operations, those two ladies were great support. Of course as well as doing some managerial tasks, I also had to carry out my own work, and throw a toothache into the mix, well I had a horrible week. The tooth ache is just about gone. I had a broken tooth pulled out on Wednesday, there is some bruising and the gum still feels a little tender, but Oh, so much better than it was.
*
I did get a little sewing done, before all that kicked off though. Here we have my latest rendition of French Roses with round four all pinned and ready to sew.
With a bunch of out cuts ready to become round five, I think they will be the final round of petals.
I'm on my long weekend off work, it's supposed to be four days of uninterrupted rest, but my colleague who was on call yesterday was kicked by a horse, so I ended up on call and trying to cover her on call shifts this week. I wish I could switch my phone off. Today I would like to sew, keep your fingers crossed for me.
*
Have a great day.

8 comments:

Kris said...

Oh I hope you get to sew today! I spent yesterday and today sewing and it was so much fun! Glad you feel better without your tooth. That's one of those moments when you are glad there are dentists!!!

Jane said...

What an awful week. Definitely hoping the phone stays quiet for you and your mouth heals soon

Cardygirl said...

That sounds like a week that is better off finished! Hope it all settles & you get some sewing time to do those lovely blocks!

Janice said...

I've also got my toes crossed for you. Here's hoping for a much smoother week that the last one.

Allie said...

Dang what a horrible week. I hope this week is better for you! Glad your toothache is better. Love your french roses~!

AnnieO said...

Challenging week is right, and it's still not over, poor dear. Your roses are looking very Frenchy and pretty. Can't wait to see how they look all washed and frayed.

sewkalico said...

Ugh! It does sound like you are having a horrendous time! Hope it improves.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Beautiful French Roses.