Saturday 29 May 2010

Life, the universe and falling down the stairs.

All of the above have contrived to get in the way of any pleasure I might get out of lifting a needle or sitting at my machine this week.
*
I fell last Sunday, not the dramatic cartwheeling cartoon style tumble down the stairs. More of a slither really, you know when you step out just a little too far and there is not enough foot on the lower step and off you go, bump, bump, slither, bump! I came to rest about seven steps later. Thank goodness the flights are short in this house. I've spent the whole week nursing my aches and watching my technicolour bruises change almost daily. Add to that, I've had early shifts all week, what did I do to deserve that? I've been too tired and sore to do much more than put the final stitches into the pot holders I showed in my last post and do a little crochet. Maybe now the worst of the aches are gone I can get some time in on DDs quilt over my weekend off.
*
I have distractions though, all this reading material is vying for my attention too.
I've had the crochet book for a few days and it's been calling to me, you know how it is, I've had a go at the basics and now I want to try something else, though I'm not sure the world is ready to see me in a crocheted bikini! Maybe I'll have a bash at a hat. LOL
*
After a couple of weeks of beautiful sunny and warm days the weather, true to form, has turned cold and wet again, just in time for the first day of the biggest event on the Isle of Man sporting calender. The World Famous TT Races. For more info, look here and here.
*
I'm off to play.
Take care.

12 comments:

Jane said...

In my crochet mag this week, there was a lacy top/dress with bra top, lol! Hope the aches and pains recede very quickly.

Cath said...

Ouch , hope you feel better soon . I got the same crochet book a couple of weeks ago and I've enjoyed playing around. but like ou , not too keen on the bikini idea . LOL

Lynda said...

Poor you, falling down the stairs. Hope you're soon back to normal. I fell down the stairs some years ago, and was horrendously sick - I think I was thoroughly shaken up. We're not as resiliant as we were when we were little!

Ali Honey said...

Sorry to hear about the bumps and slithers. I hope the pain goes soon. Happy Reading.

Lurline said...

Oh, no - Loulee, I was horrified when I started reading - please take care!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Shirley Goodwin said...

Take care, hope the bruising's better. Watch out for those motorbikes!

Cardygirl said...

Ouch! Hope you feel better soon!

Kris said...

Technicolour bruises huh? So all worth it then? Bruises have bragging rights here at our house. (No, I don't beat my children. They played basketball. All completely legal bruising!) Hope you don't fall again and I say go for the bikini! It wouldn't involve much crochet, perfect for a beginner!

Janice said...

I'm glad that it was no more the technicolour bruises as a result of your stumble. Take care. Oh, how I wish I was over there now, although it doesn't sound like the best of weather for Billown and the start of practice. I hope you get a chance to start playing with your crochet soon.

lynn said...

hello and thank u for your comment ..i love stairs ..none here in oz..but they can be dangerous especially when people LEAVE things on them instead of taking them upstairs..get better soon...lynnie

Unknown said...

Oh Lou - so sorry to hear about your fall - who invented stairs anyway must have been a bloke :o) Joking apart hope your bruises and soreness go very soon and the shock hasn't affected you too badly - be kind and gentle on yourself (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Oh so sorry to hear about your fall, but glad you are on the mend.
I see you have the Homespun Magazine, if you have a look you see one of my quilts in it.

cheers
Christine