Friday 4 February 2011

Days off Flutter by......

For post 598 we return to quilty content. As I said, I've been inspired by our friends baby to revisit a UFO. This started out as a Butterfly Fling Jelly roll. I played about with it some time ago, but it never really took off, I think because I wasn't following a pattern and had no definite purpose for it. If you remember I took out all of the blue strips, I don't know why, but they have returned and are playing the role of corner stones and I also see a blue border somewhere in the (I hope) near future.
It's not a great photo I'm afraid, but hopefully enough to let you see where I'm up to.
*
I'm on a day off today, I really needed it, the head cold caught up with me and wore me out. I had a lovely lie in this morning and have taken my time puddling about upstairs in the sewing room. I'm just taking a break to get the dinner started, Chilli Con Carne, Yum. Then maybe I'll sew some more, or maybe I'll do a little knitting.
*
As I said at the top, this is post number 598, only one post left to go. ;-)

7 comments:

sewkalico said...

I like the look of these blocks - very cheerful.

Janice said...

I'm sure baby Freya (and her parents) will be delighted with this quilt when it is finished. Take care of yourself and get better soon.

Chookyblue...... said...

flutterby was a lovely range.......it looks nice..........

QuiltSue said...

I think a blue border would look great there - it'll help keep the butterflies in!

Sorry about your cold, I hope you recover quickly.

Unknown said...

This is looking great Lou - the sashing and blue cornerstones set it off a treat and a blue border in the equation sounds perfect - lovely!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Hi Gorgeous!! Does that help your cold??? What a happy quilt...and I love the apple cover, cute idea. I laughed about going to Harrogate for a holiday, seems to be frquently mentioned in various jane Austen and georgette heyer novels..have fun, LOve Tracey

Shirley Goodwin said...

I don't remember seeing this before, but I like it with the blue squares in the sashing. The colours look very pleasant together, and I think a blue border will suit it. Sorry to hear the crocheting hasn't gone well.