Wednesday 23 March 2011

A Frustrating Day.

The work I expected to find in the office wasn't there! So frustrating. But the journey through to Onchan wasn't a total waste. I called into the crafty shop while I waited for the bus to return home. I found a basket of threads going cheap, so I grabbed four big reels, I also picked up some butterfly motifs, I thought they would be pretty on the back of the butterfly quilt.
Once I got home again I got stuck in to mums animal print quilt. I layered and pinned it all ready for quilting. I fell in love with this lil' guy, he shows up more than once in one of the border rounds. Such a happy face, who says animals don't smile?
After a quick food break I was ready to quilt. The frustrations started again. Nothing was going right, I sewed and unsewed. I changed the needle, I sewed and unsewed, I threaded and re threaded the machine, I sewed and unsewed,I tried a different bobbin, I sewed and unsewed then the noise started and the needle broke! I tweaked and twiddled, and found a bit of fluff, then broke a second needle! So I walked away. I sat downstairs and stitched the butterfly motifs onto the butterfly quilt. I shopped online for a Dresden Wedge ruler. And had a glass of wine while I made dinner, then I had a second glass, just because I could. While I was slurping, my Hunney fixed my machine. Well, he hopes he has, it seemed to behave normally for him. The bobbin housing was lose. How does that happen?
I have another day off today, hopefully I'll be able to finish what I hoped to do yesterday.

3 comments:

Kris said...

I love those elephants! Well, all the animals actually.

QuiltSue said...

What a frustrating way to spend a day off. Hopefully today will be better.

Janice said...

Don't you just hate it when that happens. My machine had a habit of doing the same thing, but, touch wood, it has been fine for 12 months now. Hopefully things will go smoothly now with your quilting. The little motifs will just finish off the back of the butterfly quilt.