Friday 9 March 2012

Sometimes............

Sometimes, just once in a while I regret giving up my spot in the living room and making my crafty nest upstairs. Yesterday was one of those times. My design wall has shrunk, from super king size, to barely twin size!
There isn't even enough floor space for this top. Oh yes, and that's door frames it's hanging from, I have to move it if I want to go to the loo or off to bed. (Mind you the super king size used to hang over the kitchen cupboards and the stove!)
Enough whining, look what I did yesterday.  I got the two borders onto my 'Charming Hearts' top. And I started piecing the back. I found some buttery yellow and I figured I could add some slices of layer cake. Maybe I'll do a little more to that today.
*
Sometimes, things just don't go according to plan.
I sat with my crochet yesterday afternoon. Having worked away at it for a while I reached for another ball of yarn and realised that I wasn't going to have enough to finish my project. The yarn was an impulse buy and I know I can't get more of it, so.....
Rip, rip, rip.
I dug out another pattern and started again. I DO have enough yarn for this pattern, but now that I see it in real life, I don't like it any more. Sigh.......

3 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

well done with your quilt top x

Gari in AL said...

Your hearts quilt is charming. And I know about walls shrinking. I used to have two 8x8 walls and now have only one: I really miss that other one. I have considered setting one up in our living room but figure someone might object. ;-)

Janice said...

I love the way this quilt is turning out. What a pity about your crochet.