Wednesday 29 August 2012

Back to normal....

Tony went back to work today after his week off and the public holiday yesterday. I loved having him around a doing stuff with him, but I have to say, it's nice to have just me home again. :-)
I return to work tomorrow. I tagged my break onto my rostered long weekend. 
So what did I do with my me time today? I spent an hour or so up in my play room this morning. My design floor is bare and my cutting table has two piles of blocks waiting for me to trim them before making up rows. It was lovely to play up there for a while.
After a great swim I met up with a girlfriend, we came here to my place where sat with a cuppa and put the world right. We hadn't seen each other for a few months so it was nice to catch up. She couldn't get home as her house is 'inside the course'. The Grand Prix races are held on closed public roads. While we chatted I put another couple of rows into my crochet blanket. I believe I'm into the last colour repeat, just 5 more rows and I'll call it quits.
Although I went for a swim at lunch time, Tony and I will be walking when he gets home from work, so dinner is a chilli which I have slipped into the oven to cook slowly. It should be delicious by the time we get it. 
I'm off to hook some more before Tony gets home.

1 comment:

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

ooooh chevrons, gorgeous!!!
How are you, haven't been visiting for a bit and had heaps to catch up on - the Birmingham Quilt Fest looked like a fabulous way to while away some time.