Thursday 8 August 2013

Cross stitch update and another new toy!

A birthday gift, from me, to me. You know I said my clicky finger had been busy the other day? I was told to expect delivery on Wednesday.....
Today is Wednesday and the postie has been! What could possibly be nestled in all that polystyrene?
I hate polystyrene, it sets my teeth on edge! Ugh, awful stuff.
Well I gritted my teeth, cause there was no one home to help and I wasn't waiting.
 Look, my new toy.
Yes I know, that's four sewing machines I own now, but that's ok, isn't it?
I wanted something a little more portable and this one is pretty lightweight, but unfortunately she doesn't have a handle. 
I didn't play just yet, I wanted to show off first. :-)
I'll have a quick go as soon as I'm done here, then I have to catch the bus through to my brothers house.
*
A very quick update on my cross stitch.
Here she is, just her wings and a little back stitch left to complete.
I'm getting pretty excited, she is almost complete. :-)
*
Right I'm off to play.

4 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

good for you ..for braving the polystyrene monster! .. just look at the reward you received xx have fun playing x cross stitch looking good x

Margaret said...

I will be friends with my 40 year old sewing machine over the next weeks. I am going to make a dress to wear to a nephew's wedding at the end of October. Wish me luck- or perhaps I need a new machine like you?

Janice said...

Wow! Aren't you spoilt. I will know where to look for you. Your lady is coming along great guns. Won't be long now till she's done.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Adorable little machine. Portable is good. My main sewing machine is a heavy beast. Your fairy is truly gorgeous.