Thursday 29 August 2013

Two quilty posts, in less than 12 hours!

I challenged myself to have this cute little quilt completed before Tony got home. 
And I did it! :-)
I had the top all completed by mid morning.
I played about with various fabric ideas for the back, then settled on plain white.
I had the whole thing layered and quilted with gentle blue waves, just in time to stop for lunch.
After a quick sandwich and a trip to the shop for a little extra fabric for binding.
 I got the binding on in no time. I nick named that fabric 'sea urchin and anemone'.
I even managed to stitch my pretty butterfly label on before Tony got in from work.
Very soon it will be packaged up in brown paper and off to my new nephew. :-)
*
Back to cross stitching.

3 comments:

Cath said...

Beautiful finish . Looks like you had a good day .x

Jewells said...

Now, that's impressive!

QuiltSue said...

Well done, that was a constructive day.