Monday 25 July 2016

I quilted!

It's been a long time, but finally I quilted again.
I spent a lot of Sunday pottering in my room slowly wandering up and down the length of my frame.
It was nice, working in there with the sun beaming in through the window.
I won't be winning any prizes, but each time I try I think I get a little better.
I'm probably not helping myself by trying to quilt an already completed top.
This one had some very basic and simple quilt as you go blocks which I joined and bound.
It was one of my very first quilting projects and I have learned a lot since then.
Returning to this very quilt from time to time for maintenance and repair!
Now that very simple quilting has become some meandering, some stippling and an attempt at custom quilting.
I couldn't do what I wanted in the Plates due to the restrictions of my mid arm machine.
I had a look at some long arm machines and opted not to mention them to Santa at this time.
Once I took the quilt back off the frame, I finally got around to sorting out that whole roll of batting, it's now in place and awaiting it's first project.
I have something in mind for that, which shouldn't be restricted by the size of my machine.
This evening I'll be under my very warm Dresden quilt, burying more threads.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Now nice to get back to your quilting. Have fun with your lovely big frame...

Andie said...

Oh this machine looks fancy :D

Janice said...

Woo Hoo! Good on you.