Wednesday 4 October 2017

Then and Now

Just a quick update, to show my very slow progress on my Spring Queen cross stitch.
The last time I showed her she looked like this image, which I shared on 20th September.
As I mentioned last time our garden life has made a seriously large hole in our crafting time and not a huge amount has happened. I have however managed to get some stitching done and here is what M'Lady's dress looks like now.
While I was stitching away the other day I was thinking to myself that the contrast in the shading of the dress is a little extreme, yes, we would see shadows in the folds and creases of the fabric, but would it really be that dark in there, given how light the light areas are?
Then I remembered thinking the exact same thing the first time I stitched her.
I wish I had remembered sooner, then maybe I might have tried my hand at converting some of those darker shades to something a little lighter.
Ho Hum...
Although it is a beautiful day, I'm feeling a wee bit under the weather today, so I'm going to stay indoors and stitch.
Then when himself gets home, we will be bottling his third home brew beer. The last one was very, very good. I couldn't drink a whole bottle, too fizzy for me, but very nice all the same. Hope this one is good too.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Pretty Stitching..
Hope you'er feeling better..
How many bottles does hubby brew at a time...