Wednesday 22 August 2018

Moving Slowly On.

Cause now I've hurt my back!!
If you need to know, I hopped up out of an office chair at work, and it all got painful very fast!!
I went straight from work to a chiropractor. She has made great improvements, but it's going to take a few more visits and a lot more $$$$$
(Sigh)
It's really not been a good year so far!!
At least I can still go to work, so that and some social engagements and other fun stuff have gotten in the way too, but I have found time to craft.  
About two weeks ago I started to cut into a bunch of pretty batik fabrics.
And they sat, and they sat!
 Until Sunday, when I made a flying goose unit! Just as an experiment, to see how my back would cope with the sewing machine and the ironing board.
 Then I made a whole bunch more.
 I set about cutting again this morning, but that is a whole different game.
The table is more than a little low, so I stopped. ( I really must nag ask Tony about sorting out something to raise it up some more, it's not quite high enough anyway).
I might have another go later today, maybe short bursts is the way to go for now.
There hasn't been much progress on Jiffy's blanket, but I spread it out and got a photo for you.
I think maybe one or two more hanks of yarn and it will be about done.
I should be able to get that done before Summer arrives and it warms up too much to sit under a huge pure wool blanket.
*
I recently learned that one of the regulars at work used to own a long arm machine and a quilting frame. I got chatting to him and he very kindly gifted some of his old pattern books to me!
 Oh, My goodness.
He took on board that my machine has only a short throat and selected books of patterns that will work with it.
 Not just one book.....
 There are four of them.
 Including a whole book of border designs.
Each of the books has a big write up about how to use the designs. Discussing how to enlarge and reduce them, how to make the pantos nestle nicely together and how to make the borders go neatly around corners. Such a huge amount of information and such a wonderfully kind gift.
I spent some time organising them, as they were just together in a plastic bag and had become mixed up. Now they are tucked into ring binders and safely put away under the quilting frame.
*
And because I love him.
A picture of Floki.
He is nearly four months old now and is enjoying his first tastes of solid foods.
Mashed carrots is his favourite I'm told.
*
No lunch with the girls today, one has to work and the other has flu!!
Hope she is feeling better soon.
I'm off to potter about and hopefully find something to do.


3 comments:

Janice said...

You really are in the wars. You’ll have to train Tony to cut for you while you are sore and then he will realise the cutting table is low. Jiffy’s blanket will be ready in time for his winter. It works out rather well.

Jenny said...

Oh dear, hope your back improves soon. I hurt mine a while ago and felt about 90 for several weeks until it stopped hurting. Getting up and down from a seat, and turning over in bed was the worst! Hopefully, your visits to the chiropractor will soon have you right as rain.

Diane-crewe said...

WHAT are you doing to yourself woman!! lol x TRY to be more careful of yourself xx What a wonderful gift those patterns are x