Wednesday 21 November 2018

A few goings on....

The weather at the moment has taken another wintry turn. With cold southerlies bringing rain, hail, snow and even a tornado!!  
Yesterday the view from my wee room looked like this!
Wet, wet, wet. 
 A good day to stay indoors and sew. 
Sew that is what I did.
 There was a fair amount of secret stuff going on, but I did get the binding onto this little kiwi table runner, which is not so secret.
Well, not secret from you anyway. LOL
I just used up some charm squares I had rejected from other projects and used a black on black for the sash and outline strips.
I closed the binding last night, but forgot to take a photo and it's already wrapped up and waiting to go to the post office. LOL
A recent start is a knitted hoodie for Floki.
The pattern calls for three different coloured yarns and a set number of rows in each colour. I opted to use a woolly layer cake and achieved a more random colour pattern.
Its knitting up quickly and he may even get it in time for Christmas
I forgot to show you this the other day when I chatted about organising gifts for my grand children.
Claire makes these keys for her crafty stall, I just had to have some and sent them away in the mail the other day.
 
What a lovely idea, especially in these times when many homes no longer have chimneys.
How else would Santa get in?
And speaking of the craft stall, the blanket I showed as a WIP last time is all done and waiting to go over to Claires place. (Hence the start on the wee hoodie)
During a break in the stormy weather this morning, I took a turn around the garden and found these beauties all blown over, so I cut them and brought them inside.


According to the weather man the stormy weather is set to continue, and I have another day off work, so back into my room it is.
Have fun with your day.

2 comments:

Janice said...

It’s not wet here but very strong westerly winds. They may end up at your place the way they are blowing. I love the idea of the Santa key. I’m sure they will be well receybybthe grandees. Make the most of your time in your wee room.

Karen S said...

Wet and cold here, too, but we are appreciating getting some rain.
Lovely to see the finishes with the runner and the blanket.
I like the look of the little hoodie you are knitting.
The flowers look great. Such a pretty colour for an iris.