Tuesday 1 January 2019

What a Difference a Day Makes

Suddenly it's a new year.
Happy New Year.
I wish you all that is good for 2019.
And a drop or two of rain!!
For those who need it.
It's not just the year that has changed. Things are looking better in our garden, especially the green house.
We did have ripe (ish) fruit on Christmas day
But now, a week later I have fruit that I'm happy to make tomato salad with.
It has a much better colour and flavour than the fruits  Tony insisted on picking on Christmas Day.
The New Year has also had an impact on my stitching!
Today was the first chance I've had to sit and stitch since 19th Dec, which is when I last showed this picture. I did find time to do a little stitching that day, but for some reason, didn't take a photo.
So after about 7 hours of fun today
WOW!
What a difference.
Even allowing for the work I did before Christmas, I know I have made huge advances today.
It was lovely to just sit and stitch.
Maybe I'll get chance to do more tomorrow?
That would be very nice indeed.
I can feel the end of this piece coming close, it might be finished in time for Christmas! LOL
It was supposed to be  present for Christmas just gone!
During a break today found myself pulling out my Spring Queen project, last seen in August 2018.
I may have also spent some time window shopping at lunch time............................................
And I downloaded a free pattern a couple of days ago..........................
We'll see.......

*
Happy New Year.



5 comments:

Janice said...

You beat us on the tomato front...just. We picked our one small ripe tomato on the 27th. We’ll have to wait a little bit longer for some more. Zucchinis should be ready in a couple of days and we have been picking raspberries. The silver beet plants we bought were actually beetroot so we have some ready to roast. You’ve made great progress on your elephant. It really sparkles.

Maria said...

You have made a great start to 2019 Lou...
Loving the gorgeous Elephant..
The tomatoes look delicious..

Jenny said...

Happy New Year to you both. May you find some more stitching time to sit and enjoy today!

Diane-crewe said...

very best wishes for 2019 xx

Karen S said...

That few days does make a difference. The tomatoes look delicious.
And your cross stitch is looking wonderful and so close to the finish line!