Wednesday 29 May 2019

A finish, a start and a continuation!

I'll be making a trip to the post office later today, this gorgeous wee poncho will be on its way to my dear grandson Floki on the Isle of Man. I very much enjoyed making it for him. And I hope he wears it a lot.
 I love the way the variegated yarn made wonderful and fun stripes as I worked, so much so in fact that I went out and purchased more, in a different colourway.
These balls of yarn have dye lot and colour numbers, but sadly not names. But I call the one above, watermelon.
The new one is knitting up like blueberry ripple ice cream.
Another poncho! Baby size this time, for my colleague who is due later this year.
And in between those two projects, this one gained a few more colourful stripes.
I had a day with the girls yesterday, it's been such a long time since all three of us got together. We met a Debbies and had a gossip while we crafted. Of course we went out for lunch and visited the local crafty stores, I bought more yarn!!  I'll save that for another day though.
So a day out yesterday, means domestics today.
I hope to find time for more knitting later. I hope you find time for crafting too. 

3 comments:

Maria said...

The poncho and beanie you knitted for Folki is gorgeous and the blueberry yarn is also knitting up beautifully..... Such fun yarn to use...
Pretty colours in the ripple blanket too.
So good to have had a fun day out with your friends....

Janice said...

I’m sure the cute poncho and beanie will get lots of use, even in summer time over there. I love the Lucy colours on your rug. It’s looking great. It sounds like a fun day with the girls.

Raewyn said...

Oh what a gorgeous poncho - I'm sure it will be well loved by your dear GS. And I love the colours turning up in the second one too. How lovely to spend a day with friends. In amongst all the busy-ness, days like that are precious. Hope you didn't have to spend too long on the domestics.....!