Monday 24 July 2017

Nasty Weather!

Means staying at home and keeping warm.
So that is just what I have been doing.
I made three rows of itty bitty flying geese out of pieces I've had cut for over a week.
Each goose is 1.5 x 2.5 inches! 
I worked out that I had sewn 108 x 45 degree seams and made 144 bitty geese and only had to revisit 3 of the bias seams. Getting them all in a row though!!
These are not ducks and some of them were trying to migrate, I'm sure of it.
One in particular, no matter where I put it, always seemed to manage to get crooked.
Never mind, they are done now.
Next time I go play in my room I'll be cutting pinwheels , or making hearts, or maybe something else entirely.
LOL

For those who follow my cross stitch...
 The froggies are progressing.
The tree branch has grown, there is another leaf, the vine is longer and I have a frogs backside!
It's still looking more like a series of blobs at the moment I know, maybe next time it will look better.
*
I have two crochet projects on the go!
One is almost done and another is just beginning.
I'll show those another time.
*
The nasty weather is over for now, but more is forecast for later this week.
I see another weekend of sewing.
Bliss.



4 comments:

Jenny said...

It's great to have a big chunk of time available to just get on and sew, isn't it! Your long rows are looking good.

Maria said...

Oh my goodness that's a lot of tiny seams you stitched... love ❤️ the boats....
I can see your Froggy cross stitch growing. It's always fun to see it develope.

Anonymous said...

Hi Loulee,love your blocks and thats a lot of flying geese blocks there and you are doing so well with your cross stitch ,well done xx

Janice said...

One thing about bad weather is that you can use it as an excuse to spend time doing things indoors. Your progress on both is looking great.