Today was D day. Or dinosaur day!
Yesterday I went to the Pin Tin in Geraldine and purchased some end of bolts in the same fabric collection as the bundle I had scored at the charity sale.
I started out by laying the larger pieces on the floor to give myself an idea of how things would look, then just got stuck in cutting and sewing. Nothing complex I told myself, let the dinos do the work.
A quick consult with Janice and a decision was made, but first food!
While eating lunch I had a rethink and when I returned I went digging through the stash.
In a very short time I had a completed top.
And a problem.
The top is now too big for the fleece throw I had purchased to back it.
Hmm, nothing for it, I'll have to use up all the extra fabrics to create a pieced back.
LOL So much for keeping it easy. As they are mostly fabric samples they were all different sizes. And the end of bolt left overs of course.
There was a piece that worked perfectly as the center piece/panel for the back. I started cutting and sewing and piecing and cutting and sewing some more.
I had made great progress by the time Tony got home from work.
We went out to do some garden work together, but only for an hour or so, then I was back to it.
More progress was made, then Tony wanted feeding.
When I got back from tea I noticed that the skinny sliver of T-Rex was upside down.
He can stay that way!
I quickly put the last two side borders on and Tada!
The back is complete.
And here it is. I used up even the skinniest pieces of off cuts, hence the skinny T-Rex.
The holder upper was grumpy because I had disturbed his game.
Here is a better look.
I have to say I am very happy with todays offerings. I hope Torstein is as happy as I am when he opens this one on Christmas day.
Oh and it's been inspected!
She was asleep on our bed, but appeared very soon after I spread things out on the floor of course!
So, now I just have to find the right pantograph for it.
Wish me luck.