Tuesday 24 March 2009

Has crafty content!!

My knitted jacket / cardigan is complete. I got DD to take pictures and well, we ended up with me pulling a load of stupid faces, sorry I'm not sharing those, so you'll have to make do with a faceless model.
I'm really pleased with it, it's very soft and cosy. I think I'll see if I can find an old kilt pin or something similar though as I do feel that it needs something to close it. Either that or make a button loop and find a giant button.
The colour shown here is not quite right, it's a little more pink in real life, but try as I will I can't get a picture showing the true colour.
*
So, what next? I set off yesterday knitting up a baby sweater, I have the front and the back done and made a start on the sleeves yesterday evening, but stopped at dinner time when Hunney came home. I'll do a little more to that later , but I want to do some more work on my 'French Roses' quilt today, maybe I'll be able to get the rest of the roses cut and possibly make a start at getting them appliqued into place.
*
I may try to get out for a walk today too. The rain yesterday eased off and stopped while I was slogging away on the rowing machine, so later in the day I did get out, but didn't take the camera. Perhaps if the sun stays with me today I'll go for a wander and take some pictures.
Thats me, I'm off to play.
*
Gratitude's
1) Sunshine.
2) Quiet mornings.
3) No chores to do.

8 comments:

Jane said...

Loulee, this is gorgeous, well worth all the time ans effort. Have fun today

Janice said...

Your cardigan looks so snuggly. You should be very happy with it.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Gorgeous and so comfy looking.

Ann J said...

Love the jacket! Bet you're pleased with it now it's finished!............Luv AJ

Torina said...

WOW. That is amazing work! It looks so complicated and comfortable.

Ali Honey said...

That looks so warm, right down over you bottom - no gaps I like that.

Glad your pain didn't lay you low for too long. Do you find walking helpskeep it at bay?

Enjoy your time off. There are lovely Autumn colours appearing down here in NZ.

Rose Marie said...

A gorgeous sweater ... it looks so cozy and warm! You are quite the talented lady.

Julz said...

Lovely Jacket, always such a great sense of satisfaction when our projects are finished and turn out SO well. Hugs Jx