Saturday 25 April 2009

Life, the Universe and Everything.

It feels like an age since I did anything other than check my emails on this computer. Life has been hectic work, work, work. With countless other things thrown in, all designed of course to keep me away from my needles.
*
Needless to say I haven't yet managed to get that final panel onto the fan quilt, it's still resting on my sewing chair, exactly where I left it. (Sigh) Maybe today.......
*
DS Joe, my little chef, wants to make a cheesecake, maybe while he is busy with that, I'll get close to my sewing machine. It would be good to be able to get this one finished and get the binding on this weekend.
*
My life has not been totally devoid of needles. I have managed here and there to knit a few rows of a sweater for Joe. I don't think he'll be getting this fancy cable pattern over the whole thing, I think I may do the back and sleeves in a simple fisherman's rib, just to get it finished.

It's tempting to sit and knit today, though I have to say, my quilt is calling the loudest, the knitting is snoozing in it's basket, shhhh, don't wake it.

What else can I say? Work has it's ups and downs, it's currently on a small up! I have worked with some great colleagues this week and ended the week on a high note, with an early finish on Friday and a weekend off, with NO ON CALL!!
My Hunney is currently spreading himself very thinly across 3 university courses, extra hours at work and, well, precious little time for me. We had a chat last night, I pointed out that the words 'Thank you for my dinner sweetie' and 'see you after work' just aren't enough. I need more of his time than it takes to brush his teeth in the mornings and eat his dinner in the evenings. I feel awful, like I'm adding more pressure to his already stressed life. One of his courses finishes very soon, but he still has two others and some intensive projects at work which require his attention 'out of hours'. As well as feeling sorry for myself because I miss him, I worry for his health.
*
Whine over!!
*
Gratitude's
1) A long chat and a cuddle.
2) Two days off.
3) Sunshine.

1 comment:

Jane said...

What a lovely cable pattern. This is going to be a gorgeous jumper. Enjoy your weekend and I hope you get to the sewing machine