Wednesday 27 January 2010

A productive Day off

I had a day off work yesterday, so as well as hopping about with the Wii, I got stuck in and got some sewing done. If you remember I had this piece prepped and ready to go. All the applique pieces were cut and the flower was fused into place.
Everything else was done yesterday. I used my machine to applique the pieces into place, I just did a couple of rounds of straight stitch on all the pieces and I'm happy with that, it looks fine to me. I did however get the Chook back to front! and I forgot to stitch her legs. I'll do that this evening. The batting is made up from a couple of scraps which I sewed together. I did hope to hang it in my kitchen, but it's larger than I anticipated, or the space is smaller than I thought, either way it won't go where I planned, so I'm working on that one.
*
I've mailed my share of the Potholder Pass and as I mentioned before, I've been making more.
These ones I've kept for myself.
The square ones are all crammed into a dark envelope and making their way to their new home.
I tucked a little extra in there too.
Just a little matching something.
*
Well that's me, I'm off to work. It's office day today, maybe I'll have time to get up to Joans craft shop and see if she has any goodies. Hopefully my next day off will be productive too.
*
Take care

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it... so cute...
Check this out http://www.etsy.com/shop/AREVA

Ali Honey said...

Well done with all of those and with the NZ hanging ( or is it quilt size ? )
It's great that some days turn out to be so much more productive than others.

Jane said...

Lovely cheery potholders. Love the hanging too, hope you find somewhere to hang it soon

Dresden Quilter said...

These are absolutely gorgeous. I have yet to start mine. I had to buy some fabric for it and it has not yet come.

Argery Araya C. said...

Hoy e visitado sus trabajos estan muy bonitos la felicito ,un abrazo a la distancia

Gina said...

Love the pot holders and the little wall hanging

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Abby and Stephanie said...

Cute potholders. Love how you used the moda ribbon for the loop.

Janice said...

Your kitchen should look nice a cheerful with all these new additions. That should chase away any winter blues.

Gina E. said...

Love these pot holders, LouLee! I'm tempted to have a go at them, as they look easy and quick.

twrightgirl said...

hello!!! i got my pot holders today and they are beautiful. my girls each claimed one for themselves but i told them they couldn't have the apron. it is just gorgeous!! thank you again from the bottom of my heart!