Tuesday 1 February 2011

Works in planning and lack of progress

After a recent tidy up and sort out, Gina agreed to have a little swap with me. I sent her a bunch of magazines, and she sent me a bunch of Navy Blue fat quarters.
Look at all of this! Gina not only sent some pretty fat quarters, she also had a look through her scraps and found some largish Navy Blue pieces in there and sent them along too AND she enclosed a cute Rudolph pattern. Thank you for swapping with me Gina. You know how I love blue and white quilts? Well probably in about 20 years........ LOL
*
I've been playing about a little with the Butterfly Fling blocks adding some sashing. I'll play about with it some more today and see where it goes. I don't think I ever really had a firm plan for this one, maybe that's why it became a UFO. Now that there is a baby girl to create for it's taken life again. It's slow progress though, I've got a sinussey head cold thing happening which is causing a distinct lack of concentration and enthusiasm, fortunately sewing precut sashings onto blocks is pretty mindless, the little knitted Aran jacket has ground to a halt though.
*
I'm going to play for an hour or two.
Oh by the way, this is post number 597!! We're getting up there.

6 comments:

AnnieO said...

For some reason, dark navy blue prints are hard to find just now. I have been on a hunt for them but must be looking in the wrong place! Hope you feel better soon.

Janice said...

You did very well with your swap with Gina. They will be a lovely addition to yours stash. I'm looking forward to seeing how you progress with your Butterfly Fling blocks.

Cheryl said...

That was a great swap!!! Wonderful fabric and a very cute Rudolph pattern.

Pascale said...

Lovely fabrics, you have to start something in blue.

QuiltSue said...

What a great swap. I love the reindeer pattern especially.

Chookyblue...... said...

great swap.........mags for fabrics..........great colour too........