Friday 21 June 2013

Another Quilty Finish and a visitor.

From start to finish in just over a week. That has to be a record for me. It would have been done sooner, but I was waiting for thread.  So here it is, not looking it's best. I gave it a quick rinse to get rid of the lines I had drawn in the border, then because the weather is awful I tossed it into the tumbler and forgot about it.
 Never mind, I'm sure it's intended owner DS2 will have it looking worse in no time! You can't really see it here, but it's quilted in variegated blue thread in a giant cross hatch, making one big X in each square. The borders have a wavy line in a variegated burgundy thread. It's backed with a piece of blue fabric and the binding is the same burgundy as the border. It was very quick and satisfying to make. 
Time to get on with the next one, all those strips of 4 inch squares are still waiting to be pressed. 
*
In other news.....
Yesterday when I wandered into the kitchen to make a start on dinner I happened to notice a visitor to my yard. What a sweet kitty.
With not so sweet intentions! 
The birds were wise though and didn't feed while she was here, well she is not exactly camouflaged. She stuck around for quite a while.
*
My DD and her baby will be here tomorrow. I'm off to make sure the camera is well charged.

No comments: