Tuesday 17 December 2013

A Christmassy post!

Lots of pictures in this post and lots of lovely hand made goodies too.
Firstly, Santa is home. My pal Carlo did a great job of framing him.
He is up on the wall watching over us, making sure we are being good.
I said I would try to get some pictures of my new Christmas ornaments. Here's a selection of new and old.
This pretty button wreath was made by my penpal in Australia. 
We agreed a couple of years ago to swap hand made ornaments at Christmas rather than gifts. Works for me. We have fun trying to come up with all sorts of ideas.
The egg shape to the left was one which I made, I sent a pair to Maxine in Aus and kept a pair for my tree.
The golden beaded ornament on the right, behind the tinsel was hand decorated for my by a local friend, there is a red version hiding on the tree too.
*
 Amid all of the hand made, gifted goodness are memories of our recent tour into Europe. This big red bauble was purchased in Krakow, Poland.
I have memories of SSCS's This little pretty was one of three.
Another one from Maxine, in Aus.
 SSCS 2011, it has a matching/opposite in green. So lovely.
 This gift fell off the sleigh early, but I'm a good girl, I can wait!
 I bought a trio of angels while we were on Gozo in October.
 A hand painted bell from Vienna.
 Those of you who have been reading my blog for a while may remember that I have two trees, a red one and a blue one.
I have only two hand made ornaments on my blue tree, I'll show them off another day.
meanwhile, another hand painted bauble from Poland.
 And a blue painted bell from Vienna.
The bells do actually ring. I love the sound of bells and have them on both trees, there are also bunches of them hanging from the door handles, there is no way you can sneak about in my house at Christmas time! The bells tinkle and chime and give you away.
They were also an early warning system, when my children were little! The tree would tinkle at the slightest touch. LOL
*
How are your Christmas plans going? 
Did you decorate?
Have you finished shopping for gifts?
*
Sitting home waiting for a plumber..........
The loo packed up on Saturday, while the house was full of nieces and nephews!
Thank goodness we have two bathrooms!

3 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

hope the plummer was able to make the repairs xx!!
I love to get the decorations out and remember who made/sent them .. where they came from and what they mean xx
Hope its a good one x... and that you have good news soon about the visas x

Mad about Craft said...

Santa is beautiful!

QuiltSue said...

You have some great baubles giving you great memories.

Hope the loo's fixed now.