Thursday 11 February 2016

Another Finish!

The threads I had ordered from the US arrived just at the right time. 
It's a hand dyed floss, and I can tell it's from a different dye lot to the original.
It's really obvious here in this picture, but not so much in real life.
I can live with it.
I included the names of two very special people.
And the date of their wedding.

It's a bit of a private joke. 
Tony reads to me each night. It came about quite by accident, but for years now I have had a bed time story read by Tony. Usually a Terry Pratchett story. :-)
But if Tony is tired, or feeling lazy, or just wants to wind me up he tells me a story he made up one night. It goes.....
'Once upon a time,
they lived happily ever after.
!!!!!!!!!!!
As soon as I saw this sampler being stitched by someone else, 
I knew I had to get my hands on the chart.
I was putting the final stitches in when Tony came home from work this evening.
He was delighted.
And so am I.
*
On with the next one.

7 comments:

Janice said...

Very special.

Raewyn said...

Lovely story - and a very special piece :-)

Diane-crewe said...

well done x what a wonderful reminder for you both xxx

Deb said...

What a beautiful special moment to hold close.

Anonymous said...

Hi Loulee ,this is gorgeous and I so love your story,how sweet xx

QuiltSue said...

What a fun idea.

Gari in AL said...

I love the idea of a bedtime story, even if it is really short. You picked a good one, and so did he.