I've had a growing bundle of pretty, romantic rose fabrics for some time now.
Yesterday was their turn!
Many were folded into neat wee turnover triangles.
This one had something to hide!
I opted not to use it!
In fact I used only a dozen of the fabrics from the collection,
I made some pretty raw edge roses.
And cut some 10 inch squares and a tone on floral tone border.
Belle checked out the batting for me.
It was so cosy she didn't want to move, so I used another piece!
I layered it after a quick lunch and a trip into town for backing fabric. (More roses)
The quilting is straight lines echoing the seams.
By dinner time, the only thing left to do was attach the binding!
It was finished by bedtime.
It's so pretty.
I love it.
I have a lot of the fabrics left.
I think I might just make a king size version.
But not today, I need to collect some more rose fabrics.
Today, if this headache lets up, I'll be hand stitching on my Christmas Story.