I've been doing some more rescue work.
This first piece was originally stitched for mum. I'm not sure when as I didn't sign or date it.
It was another of those pieces I had amateurishly framed in a £1 store frame and was falling apart as we packed up her house.
I threw the frame but rescued my stitching. And today I came across it while searching for some off cuts of aida for another project. I mounted it onto a board covered in batting. Then added a padded back board too before adding the pink ric-rac and pretty ribbons.
It's now hanging with some good company in my quilting room.
They will soon be joined by some other smaller pieces I stitched for mum. I think they were mostly birthday or mothers day cards. Again I can only guess at the dates.
LOL With one obvious exception!
One piece I have already re finished. This lovely lady was a Christmas card and is now an ornament for my tree. The other four pieces I think will all be finished together as a single project. I just need to figure out the how. That's a job for tomorrow.
Still on the Christmas theme, I've been busy stitching and finishing a few ornaments.
These two designs are from mini kits produced by Orchidea.
They are perhaps a tad on the small side for the 4 inch hoop, but that's ok.
I finished them with a layer of felt across the backs.
I want to make a few more of these and have things all set up ready.
Tonight though I'll be back onto my froggies. They are growing pretty fast, but will grind to a halt if I allow my self to be side tracked by other things.
Right, better go cook some food.