Sunday 13 August 2017

Slow Sunday.

I've been doing some more rescue work.
This first piece was originally stitched for mum. I'm not sure when as I didn't sign or date it.
It was another of those pieces I had amateurishly framed in a £1 store frame and was falling apart as we packed up her house.
I threw the frame but rescued my stitching. And today I came across it while searching for some off cuts of aida for another project. I mounted it onto a board covered in batting. Then added a padded back board too before adding the pink ric-rac and pretty ribbons. 
It's now hanging with some good company in my quilting room.
They will soon be joined by some other smaller pieces I stitched for mum. I think they were mostly birthday or mothers day cards. Again I can only guess at the dates.
LOL With one obvious exception! 
 One piece I have already re finished. This lovely lady was a Christmas card and is now an ornament for my tree.  The other four pieces I think will all be finished together as a single project. I just need to figure out the how. That's a job for tomorrow.
Still on the Christmas theme, I've been busy stitching and finishing a few ornaments.
These two designs are from mini kits produced by Orchidea.
They are perhaps a tad on the small side for the 4 inch hoop, but that's ok.
 I finished them with a layer of felt across the backs.
I want to make a few more of these and have things all set up ready.
Tonight though I'll be back onto my froggies. They are growing pretty fast, but will grind to a halt if I allow my self to be side tracked by other things.
*
Right, better go cook some food.

3 comments:

Janice said...

You're going to end up with a nice little gallery. They will look nice together - and your Christmas will be very organised. I doubt you will neglect your froggys for too long.

Maria said...

Such a lovely verse you stitched for you Mum. Sew nice you have redone it sew nicely.

Anonymous said...

Hi Loulee wow your work is amazing love the mum hanging and they look great hanging on your wall.
Also your xmas projects look fantastic you are making me want to do some cross stitching,i hadnt done any for years,well done my friend xx