Friday 20 July 2018

Not Saying Much

It's still pretty quiet in my world at the moment. 
My Doc signed me off work and said to rest. Well, home alone all day I have no one to talk with but the cat, so resting my voice is easy.  But I can't sit and do nothing, so I've gotten on with some crafty pursuits. Jiffys blanket is growing. I laid it over my bed yesterday to ensure it was wide enough. And it is. I just need to make it a lot longer now.
 I am toying with the idea of setting in some more squares, not just yet, but nearer the top. I'll keep you posted on that, meanwhile, I shall keep going with the zigs and zags.
 *
Yesterday I got on and put the other half of the carpenters wheel together. I was planning a coloured border, but now that I see it like this, I'm happy to stop. Just a narrow cream border then a scrappy binding I think.
Yes, I see the mistake and no, I'm not fixing it. It happened back in June, if you look here you can clearly see the same mistake.  I figure that if I didn't see it until the top was finished, then it is meant to be there.
(Belle thinks we can't see her) 
*
Remember the viking hat? 
I was worried that it was rather small.
LOL I was right. 
I'll have to play about with the pattern and see if I can make it bigger.
*
And because I have two grand children, here's the the other one.
Floki and Faith. Such beautiful people. 
The loves of my life. 
*
I'm off to have another quiet day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Loulee hope you feel better soon,beautiful work my friend and i cant see any mistake ,oh your grand children are adorable xx

Diane-crewe said...

I see a design element in your top .. but no mistakes xx The hat look just right .. and the children are gorgeous xx

Jenny said...

So sorry to read you are unwell again, sending you get well wishes. Grandchildren are a real blessing, and your two are gorgeous.

Janice said...

I had to really look to find the mistake. You don’t notice it at all when it is placed to the bottom. I’m sure you will be able to crate a larger Viking hat without any trouble. Wow, look at Faith! She has grown so much. Such a little lady now.

Karen S said...

Sounds like you do need a lot of rest and quiet. So pleased you have plenty to do at home. Lovely work on the blanket and the quilt top.