Wednesday 13 June 2018

Busy Times

Oh, My goodness, it has been three weeks! 
I had no idea I was away so long.
I guess work and life got in the way. I have been doing extra shifts at work, with two staff members away for a month. That may continue into July, we will see. We've also had a busy time of it away from work too, with days and nights out. But all of that didn't stop me from finding time to craft.
Something I've wanted to do for a while is make a Carpenters Wheel quilt. I opted to use pretty rose fabrics for that one, I've been collecting them for so long, that now I have far too many! LOL I think maybe a pieced back will help to use them up. But first I must finish the front. Here you see all the rows completed and waiting to be sewn together. 
That was a week and a half ago. It hasn't changed. I did number my rows and get it off the bed though. I'm planning to add a border of some kind, not sure exactly what, beyond more roses, as I'm making this up as I go. 
Inspiration will come to me.
Next up, DS Jiffy Jonathan has been asking me to make him a lovely cosy crochet or knitted blanket. So I started to collect lovely cosy yarn and eventually made a start on said blanket. I plan to make a whole heap of smaller squares and join them all together.
 Or maybe I'll just keep on going around and around. Hmmm, I'm making this one up on the fly too! LOL I'll keep you posted. (Sorry about the quality of todays photos, it's still dark here so I had to use the flash, but I really wanted to get this done, before the day gets started and you got sidelined again).
The blanket was interrupted by more than indecision.
Debbie and I had a day out in the big city last week and I purchased some yarn, which I came home and began knitting with on the same day.
 So I now have a wee hoodie ready to send to grand son Floki.
And soon he will have a blue hat too!
Of course throughout it all, my trusty adviser was there to help.
My cross stitch has barely moved since my last post. Poor thing must be feeling neglected, I'll get back to her, once I get some other stuff out of my system.
I have a day off work today that isn't packed with other things that need doing, so maybe I'll get a chance to catch up on reading some of your blogs.
But first, a few chores around the house.
And finally, because I can, a picture of my little Viking and his proud parents.
Jiffy shaved off his whiskers!! But he assures me he is growing them back. Phew!! I never thought I would say it, but I had gotten used to them and grown to like them, and thankfully Josie agrees.
 And because you can't really see him in the above shot, here he is.
Gorgeous wee man.
Well, that's my news. I'm off to do my chores.


3 comments:

Jenny said...

Lovely wee hoodie foe the baby Viking

Janice said...

You did well to fit in such a newsy post. Lovely family photos and great progress on your projects. The carpenters block quilt looks great

Karen S said...

The quilt plan looks great.
And lovely work with your yarn as well. The hoodie is delightful.
Good luck with all your plans.