Monday 12 November 2007

Lest we forget

I was proud today to stand by the side of my client and friend.

He was injured serving his country.
He was proud to stand in his community and remember those who served before him.

I too remembered.
I remembered those who have served on my behalf,
and gave thanks for those who came home.

Each year I wear my poppy with pride and hope that you do too.

My wish today is for peace.

It was nice to stand with those who also gathered to remember, I was surrounded by people older than myself, then the children arrived, it's good to know that the next generation is being taught that the world was once a different place.
During the laying of wreaths, a Poppy princess representing all the children of all the Daddies who never came home filled my eyes, my throat and my heart.


Please let it never be forgotten, that some gave their lives for us and our way of life.





1 comment:

black bear cabin said...

a touching blog! thank you for sharing and reminding me to think of our loved ones that dedicated their lives to keeping us safe!
lisajo