Friday 23 May 2008

More from Tuesday

As Moya and I were sharing a sewing machine on Tuesday, I didn't start quilting the dragon quilt once it was ready. Instead I got on with something else.

I had a pack of bright charms and a pack of coffee and cream charms.


I feel a split nine patch coming on, but I think I'll have to invest in some more charms!

I've started quilting the dragons, so far I've only done in the red ditch, once I get all those threads tidied away I want to try to work some flames into the yellow border. (Peep down at my last couple of posts if that doesn't make sense) Then I'll bind it and call it done. Poor Joe has had to wait a while for this at least he can see progress now and it's starting to look like a quilt and less like "a pile of scraps" as he put it!


Hey Ho! Off to work. :-p Have a great day.


3 comments:

Janet said...

Oh my Loulee, you *DO* know how to keep yourself busy!

I bet DS is loving his dragons! Everything looks so nice Loulee...and I like the flame idea.

sewkalico said...

If it were me, I would just mix those 2 charm packs up in each block? Or is that your intention and I'm just being dense? :-)
Good luck with the quilting!!

Anonymous said...

Oh very nice. There is something about nine patch that looks so neat and in order. Just how I like things. Love how you have a bright nine-patch then a cream nine-patch.