Friday 30 May 2008

Great find

There are two charity/op shops very close to where I live, (in fact one is right next door,) and it has become a habit of mine to wander into them on my way home from work, or if I'm out shopping in the mornings before work. I look for cotton bed linen that will do for quilt backings and sometimes find a little yardage that someone had left over. You know me, I like to recycle and reuse if I can.

Today was my lucky day, I found a quilt batting, I have no idea how it used to be used, it's a bit too thin and made of the wrong stuff to have been the innards of a modern duvet, nor is it like any batting I've purchased recently, it feels a bit different, it was definitely manufactured somehow the edges are over locked. There is a label,

but it is all washed out and there is no sign of any fabric scraps on it, or of it having been quilted at any time, but at £3.00 for a 76 x 76 quilt batting I wasn't going to leave it there.

I was so excited in fact that I did manage to forget about a king size brushed cotton sheet I had seen! Oh well maybe it will still be there next time.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great find... I often do the same thing. That is when you find great bargins.
Love your new header picture.....

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Bargain! Don't you just love charity shops!