Tuesday 20 May 2008

Ooops!

Who ever thought it would be a good idea to let me loose on the Fons and Porter website?
Of course when I went there yesterday to get me a subscription I had to register, so today I get me an email telling me about all the special deals they have.
Yep, you guessed it, I've been spending more money!
I just bought the CDs with a whole years worth of back issues on them! And a couple of magazines.
All up $60 ish dollars, that's before they put the international postage on. Shh, don't tell Hunney. LOL Time I think to make a bit of a hole in this stash of mine, yes it's grown a bit. I have three maybe four projects sat here waiting to be started, I shan't run out of things to do, but I just know a subscription to the magazine and all those back issues is going to inspire me. Keep me going girls.

Speaking of keeping going, yesterday I got 3 hours to sew, so sew was what I did. I got the sashing and corner stones cut for the dragon quilt, then I set to and chain pieced the lot, and my assistant was nowhere in sight.

After playing with the layout I put it all together and cut the first round of border and got that on too. So here's where I'm at now.


I'm hoping to get a second border on today, it's in the same gold colour as the corner stones, I may even get a start on the quilting, then all we have to do is audition black and red for bindings and make a decision. I say maybe because Nerine stayed over last night, and I think Moya may be coming along today, I'm really not sure what is planned, I may have less sewing time than I hope for. So I'm off to make the most of it.

Have a great day.

2 comments:

sewkalico said...

Naughty, naughty! The quilt top is looking good!
ps thanks for the card (arrived today!)

Julia said...

Love this quilt Loulee,
Something about red, black nad white that just pops!