Sunday 7 September 2008

Moya saves the blog!

Well I have a productivity rating of zero! So it's a good thing my sister has been busy. I've had a pretty busy week so have managed to achieve nothing worth taking a photo of.
My dear sister however has finished one of her Owl Quilts. Isn't it sweet?

She even managed to find an owl batik for the back.

Of course being Moya she didn't just buy one, she has all three colours in the collection.
I think it looks adorable. She has a second one on the go, and is confident that as they are only small and as she has made a few changes to the second one she just may get it finished soon rather than being bored.
What have I achieved? About 30 mins work on the winter village, I bought ribbons to use as handles on some gift bags and yesterday I treated myself to a new cross stitch book.
Maybe after getting the groceries today I'll get my hands on a needle or the sewing machine.
**
**
Gratitudes.
1) A break in the rain.
2) A new book.
3)Sunday morning peace and quiet.


5 comments:

Jane said...

Aww this is gorgeous. It's been lovely keeping up with progress on this quilt. Can't wait to see the next one.
Hope the Sunday morning peace and quiet lasts for the day and you get some stitching time, always makes the day seem better

Sarah Nopp said...

You seem productive to me! I haven't even had time READ blogs, let alone post. You know... that pic of the motorcycle made me realize I have been reading your blog since this time last year. The world turns so very quickly.

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

It is a lovely quilt....love the backing too.

Janet said...

Oh Loulee, it's lovely! Nicely done!

Ali Honey said...

That quilt is a real hoot!

Owls of any sort are some of my favourites - especially NZ ones called Ruru.

Qulity hugs from NZ.