Friday 27 March 2009

A New Toy, and some sewing!

Do you remember the Dragon Quilt? Well I finally got around to making a matching pillow slip. Nothing fancy, just a simple slip cover,

using just two fabrics.

Now there are only scraps of the dragon fabric remaining, we finally used it up.
*
I have to say I am not impressed with the photography of the pillow case. I have a new camera. I asked Hunney to get me something smaller, more easily portable, for when I'm out walking, or indeed, just something to slip into my hand bag. Just in case you didn't guess the blue one is the new one! I'll have to play with the settings though, and see if I can improve the picture quality.
I took my new camera out for a walk yesterday, I was headed for the beach, but soon changed my mind. LOL
Instead I just wandered around the harbour side and into the shopping street. The pictures I took were disappointing, so I binned them.
*
Once I was back from my walk, I did some more knitting. I finished off a baby cardigan and got started on a larger knitted waist coat. I'm using the same yarn I used for my own jacket. It's a gift, for a friend. I'll post a pic soon, it looks like being a quick knit.
*
Gratitude's
1) Sunshine.
2) Quick knits
3) A new toy.

4 comments:

Ali Honey said...

Your pillow slip reminds me I need to make some and some cushion covers to go with my purple quilt from last year.

Good luck with your new camera, I enjoy your photos - so practise on us.

Lynda said...

I have a new blue camera (a Canon something-or-other) which I'm very pleased with. However, since I told the assistant that I was 'point and click' and wanted something to put photos on my blog, I'm probably much easier to please than you!

Lurline said...

Great Quilt and Pillowslip! I have a little Canon point and shoot and just have it on the Auto original settings - maybe not the best pics, but oh, so convenient!
Hugs - Lurline♥

em's scrapbag said...

Great quilt and pillow slips. I really like the picture at the harbor.