Friday 21 May 2010

Home Again.

Well, I'm home from my few days in London.
We did the tourist thing, took the bus ride,
and visited all the sights.
We saw lots of these guys. They drew huge crowds. The Elephant Parade is a charitable effort, the plaster elephants are decorated by the rich and famous, some artists and some not. They are then sold to raise funds for charities. What a cute idea.
*
We didn't limit ourselves to London, on our last full day we took a coach tour which visited Roman Bath,
and Stonehenge. It was a Private tour and we were granted access to the stone circle, something which only a limited number of people are allowed to do each day.
Of course we have dozens more pictures, but I won't bore you with them.
Now that I'm home I have the weekend off, good thing too as I didn't even start on my third round of the pot holder pass yet!

11 comments:

Janice said...

What a lovely few days you had. It looks like it was a bit cool while you were at Stonehenge.
I hope the volcanic ash didn't delay your flights at all. Enjoy making your potholder.

Jenny said...

Good to see you back, did you go to the V&A exhibition?

AnnieO said...

I'd be thrilled to take the tourist bus ride and see the sights as you did. Umm, you look frozen at Stonehenge. Long pants might have helped, LOL! What WERE you thinking?

Shirley Goodwin said...

Looks like you had a great time - even if it didn't include strange naked men! (he wasn't exactly Johnny Depp, unfortunately). Are you having the heatwave on the island?

Allie said...

That looks like a fun trip!

Ali Honey said...

oh what fun. I have seen other photos of the elephants, they certainly brighten things up in London.
How did you get on a private tour? Or was that with people from your work?

black bear cabin said...

looks like fun...great photos...i wasnt bored...share more with us :)
p.s. how lucky to get the special tour of stonehenge...awesome!

Lynda said...

London is so stimulating, and to do Bath and Stonehenge as well, must have been fabulous!

Becky said...

OH You Lucky Gal! I would LOVE to see Stonehenge that close - I'd have top cross the BIG POND first. What a lovely day you had. All I could think of when I saw the elephants was - "What? No Pink Elephants? LOL

abigail2 said...

Loved seeing London again through your eyes. Glad you had such a great trip!

Jewells said...

ah memories!.. seeing those photos reminds me of the wonderful trip I had to the UK. Stonehenge was so cold, it froze the grease in my camera, and I had to resort to a disposable camera for 24 hours...cheers..Jewells