Wednesday, 12 May 2010

I learned something new.

Yesterday was a good day. Shirley and I stayed home. I did a little sewing, Shirley was knitting and we chatted the morning away. I mentioned that I would love to learn to crochet, Shirley offered to teach me.
Look! I did it, I learned how to crochet. Sadly, for me, Shirley is on her way today. She is going to Dublin to stay with another friend for a few days. I do hope she enjoys it. I loved having her here, the perfect house guest. :-)
Before my crochet lessons I cut some plain borders for 'Kaiy's Roses', maybe I'll get them sewn on this afternoon when I get back from the office. I'll wait until I get back from London to layer and pin the quilt, I'm hoping to get quite adventurous with the quilting on this one. LOL We've all heard that before. LOL
Time to get my bum into gear and get ready for work.


Jenny said...

Love your crochet, very impressive!

Miss 376 said...

Congratulations, it's sometimes so much easier to grasp when someone can show you

Lurline said...

I'm impressed too - now you will be hooked!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Shirley Goodwin said...

Awwww, how nice of you to say so! I loved being there, you and Tony were such lovely hosts. I expect to see a whole crocheted afghan further down the track!