Wednesday, 23 February 2011

An almost finished.......

And a new start. The shocking pink cardigan just needs it's buttons. I've been pecking away at closing the seams since Wednesday. Today I finally finished. I have the buttons here, I just need to get them on. A quick press and this little beauty can be on it's way to it's new home. :-)
I've been pretty busy with work, quite a few extra hours have been worked, which I intend to take back tomorrow as time in lieu. Today is a day off, I looked into my crafty room, mooched about for a few minutes and came out again with hands full of yarn to cast on a bag for my colleague. I think I mentioned a trade, some of her beautiful hand made cards, for one of my hand made baggies.
Here's a taste of the front and back panels. The pattern came in a booklet with the latest copy of 'Let's Knit'. There are several quick to knit bags, boasting they can be made in a weekend. Well I don't have one of those, so I'll get stuck in where ever I can. The pattern has a knitted lining, but I plan to use fabric.
'Waving' to our family in NZ. I'm so glad you are all safe. I can't help but worry about bloggy friends in the Christchurch area. I hope you are well and I'm thinking of you.
With one side of Australia burning, the other side under water and New Zealand trying to shake itself to bits.......kinda makes our wet, miserable overcast British Isles a little more bearable.
Take care all. Lou xx


Miss 376 said...

Glad to hear all your family is safe
Love the bag pattern

Cath said...

Lovely little cardi . So glad your family is all safe .
Take care .

black bear cabin said...

just loving all your knitting Loulee....really cute!!

Janice said...

Love your knitted bag pattern. Glad to hear that all your family in NZ are OK.