Wednesday 23 February 2011

An almost finished.......

And a new start. The shocking pink cardigan just needs it's buttons. I've been pecking away at closing the seams since Wednesday. Today I finally finished. I have the buttons here, I just need to get them on. A quick press and this little beauty can be on it's way to it's new home. :-)
I've been pretty busy with work, quite a few extra hours have been worked, which I intend to take back tomorrow as time in lieu. Today is a day off, I looked into my crafty room, mooched about for a few minutes and came out again with hands full of yarn to cast on a bag for my colleague. I think I mentioned a trade, some of her beautiful hand made cards, for one of my hand made baggies.
Here's a taste of the front and back panels. The pattern came in a booklet with the latest copy of 'Let's Knit'. There are several quick to knit bags, boasting they can be made in a weekend. Well I don't have one of those, so I'll get stuck in where ever I can. The pattern has a knitted lining, but I plan to use fabric.
*
'Waving' to our family in NZ. I'm so glad you are all safe. I can't help but worry about bloggy friends in the Christchurch area. I hope you are well and I'm thinking of you.
*
With one side of Australia burning, the other side under water and New Zealand trying to shake itself to bits.......kinda makes our wet, miserable overcast British Isles a little more bearable.
*
Take care all. Lou xx

4 comments:

Jane said...

Glad to hear all your family is safe
Love the bag pattern

Cath said...

Lovely little cardi . So glad your family is all safe .
Take care .
x

black bear cabin said...

just loving all your knitting Loulee....really cute!!

Janice said...

Love your knitted bag pattern. Glad to hear that all your family in NZ are OK.