Tuesday 23 August 2011

Plodding on slowly.

Thanks to everyone who commented on my last post. I agree, the best part about baking is the cleaning up. I just love having my helpers around to do that. :-)
*
So here's what I'm plodding on slowly with. I have three out of four rows ready for me to hand sew the sashing on the back.
Once that is done I can cut and attach the longer sashing in between the rows.. I have used the same fabric to shash both front and back. In keeping with most of the fabrics in this quilt, it is a Fig Tree Fabric. It's kind of hard to see here, but it's a beautiful buttery yellow with white polka dots. Yum!

 I have a late shift today, so I hope to get the final row sashed and make a start on the hand sewing. Then I'll have to make a decision about whether or not to use corner stones, or just go for straight sashing. What do you think?
*
Following our visit to Birmingham, Mother is once again on my case. Yes she has some projects for me to complete, but she also wants me to start showing my quilts. Something I've never done before, except here of course, and for one or two good friends who visit my home. Well, the local Horticultural society are having their annual show on Saturday. As well as all the horticulture, they have baking and craft sections, and I thought I might enter 'The Shirt off His Back'.

This means of course I'll have to unstick my finger and make a label for it.
Please wish me luck.


Where did my sewing machine signature go?????
Take care all.
Lou



6 comments:

Jane said...

I like how these quilt as you go blocks are turning out, I'll have to give it a go one day.
All the best for the show at the weekend

Gari in AL said...

Showing your quilts is scarey but you will love seeing it hang with other beautiful quilts. And if you stand around you can hear people's comments. That's always lots of fun.

Jenny said...

I have not done a quilt as you go quilt before, is this your first or do you often use this method?

QuiltSue said...

It's a great, but scarey experience showing your quilts, but yes, go for it, that's a lovely quilt.

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

slow and steady is good... love that quilt!

Lynda said...

Showing your quilts will be a great experience! Most people know nothing at all about quilts and are amazed at their complexity and the skill it takes to make them. However, one warning. the question you will certainly be asked is 'How long did it take you?' I usually answer, 'an afternoon' or '17 years' depending on how I feel!