Monday 5 September 2011

All work and no play

Sigh.....  I'm really not getting on with this new version of blogger! It has changed the order I want to show my pictures, changes the layout of my typing and generally isn't very nice! Grumble over, now to get to the rearranged reason for blogging.
*
While I was out with Mum and my niece the other day, we found some crochet flowers, I promised to pop this one onto a pin for my niece.
 While out with my daughter last week, I got my hands on some much needed inspiration. I do doodle and have been known to stitch my own doodles, but inspiration never goes amiss.
 If you're wondering why I haven't blogged much lately, well here's why.....
 My sewing room is a clutter of repair jobs. Everything from trousers to curtains to sun lounger cushions!
 Squeezed in amidst it all are my own projects, thrown aside as urgent repairs arrived.
 The table was cleared to make room to work on curtains.
Even my soft toys are hiding from the mess!
*
I have a day off work tomorrow, maybe a good tidy up, (I seem to remember doing that recently, how did it get this bad so fast?) and getting some of those fix it jobs out of the way will make my space more friendly.
If I want to get in there tomorrow, I'll need to do housework today, before going to work. I'd better get stuck in.

5 comments:

Kris said...

The sewing room does deteriorate so fast! Mine is waiting for me to finish sorting it since unpacking several boxes. I'm down to the bits I have no idea what to do with. I'm thinking about throwing the dregs in the bin! Good luck with your tidy!

Gari in AL said...

I hate it when "repair jobs" take over my studio. I keep telling people that I am not a tailor or an home dec sewer but for some reason those things show up in there anyway. Good luck in cleaning all that distraction out.

QuiltSue said...

You really need to do what I have. That is to tell all your family and friends that your sewing machine can't do zips/hems/buttonholes/whatever. I think my daughter actually believes me as she takes all her sewing stuff to her MIL!

Janice said...

Mick always complains that he can't get a button sewn on or a knee patched. There's just no fun in that sort of sewing. Hopefully it is all past now and you can do some of the fun stuff.

Lynda said...

Curtains? You're a quilter, for goodness sake. Would they have asked Michelangelo to paint a bathroom? I think not! (Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)