Friday, 20 April 2012

An unhappy ending.

 I'm really not altogether happy with this one. I've quilted and unquilted it more than once. On Tuesday I finally gave up and threw some very basic straight line in the ditch quilting onto it and a pieced binding. But even that wasn't simple or easy. Remember I showed you THIS piece of batting? Well I blame the batting. It was awful to work with. I'll use up what I have, but I'll never buy it again. Lesson learned.
Aaaanyhooo! Enough moaning. This is my Charming Hearts, inspired by Moda, using Fig Tree charm packs from various collections.
I pieced the back with some slices of Fig tree layer cake. Even the binding is made up from Figgy Jelly Roll slices.
 Following it's inaugural wash to get rid of my blue guide lines the raw edge appliqué has started to ruffle it's edges. Yum yum. Love that.
I closed the binding and washed it this morning. It's a finish!!
This afternoon I've worked away at my crochet blanket while watching wildlife.DVDs. Maybe I'll show that next time.

4 comments:

Gari said...

Sorry you had so much trouble with your quilt(ing) but it really looks nice from here.

AnnieO said...

Congrats on your finish! Even if you don't love every bit of the quilting, the quilt sure looks wonderful!

Kris said...

It does look good. The quality of the quilt ingredients are just so important. I'm sure we've all done it, and all learnt the same lesson!

Lynda said...

Your quilt loooks lovely, but I know what you mean about wadding. I'm totally converted to Hobbs 80/20, as it lies nice and flat and clings slightly to top and backing, which means I don't seem to get as many pleats and ruckles as I do with poly.