I've spent a little time upstairs playing with my Batiks in the last couple of days. It's been fun.
I finally finished putting the blocks together. Here they are, all pressed and waiting for a quick trim and tidy up.
But first I couldn't resist a play.
Can you tell what they are yet? LOL
This is only about two thirds of them, I ran out of floor space. I shall have to make the top in two halves and be very careful about ensuring correct placement where the two meet.
I may not actually use all of the blocks, I'll have to double check, but I think one more row would make this the perfect size for my dining table + one extension panel.
What do you think Janice? I may even be able to add two more rows and have it large enough to cover the table when it's fully extended, and still have left overs to make a matching runner for the dresser.
Janice and I talked about quilted table covers when she was visiting. I had pulled out this quilt to use as a table cover one evening as I had nothing to fit the table with one of it's extenders in place, and charming stars has also been used as a table cover. I think I've found me a whole new reason to make quilts. DH would agree, he spent many, many hours working on the table with Mum, they took it back to bare oak, before varnishing it to perfection. Quilted table covers will protect it beautifully. :-)
The Santa cross stitch is progressing nicely. He has one and a half hares, but still no head!
I'll post an update in a day or two.
LOL I'll try to ensure he gets it before Christmas.
I'm off to find my long tape measure.